Thursday, July 24, 2014
Register or Login

This is alternative content.

Any london surgeons who will do what you ask??! (Pics Includ

Functional Septoplasty

Moderators: P.N., Moderator, Jojo1

Postby podsy » Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:31 am

Hiya Spanish

Did you drink when you went out? As that may have worsened the swelling slightly. But I'm sure it will subside soon

WHat did your friends think of your new :Rhino: ?

podsy

View all albums View albums

Postby Spanish89 » Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:02 am

podsy wrote:Hiya Spanish

Did you drink when you went out? As that may have worsened the swelling slightly. But I'm sure it will subside soon

WHat did your friends think of your new :Rhino: ?

Heya, um yea i drunk quite alot.
(About 9-10 bottles)

Does that really have an effect on causing swelling though?? :disappointed:

Cos if it does ive gta change my plans for the next few weeks.

Spanish89

Postby zaks girl » Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:01 am

Hi Spanish

So glad it went well and you are happy,just stay happy as I don't think you will hardly notice any tip drop,your nose will look virtually the same just more refined as time goes on,so just try not to keep looking at it and stop worrying :hug:

Alcohol is the worst thing in the world for making your nose swell,even if you haven't had rhino it makes the nose swell,so being so close post op it will have a massive effect on your swelling....one glass of wine and my nose swells up so much and I'm nearly a year post op.

So give your nose and your liver a break mate and stick to the juice!!!!

zaks girl

Postby Crystalhaze » Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:00 am

Heya, um yea i drunk quite alot.
(About 9-10 bottles)

Does that really have an effect on causing swelling though??

Yep!!!

Crystalhaze

Postby Spanish89 » Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:32 pm

zaks girl wrote:Hi Spanish

So glad it went well and you are happy,just stay happy as I don't think you will hardly notice any tip drop,your nose will look virtually the same just more refined as time goes on,so just try not to keep looking at it and stop worrying :hug:

Alcohol is the worst thing in the world for making your nose swell,even if you haven't had rhino it makes the nose swell,so being so close post op it will have a massive effect on your swelling....one glass of wine and my nose swells up so much and I'm nearly a year post op.

So give your nose and your liver a break mate and stick to the juice!!!!

Aw thankyou very much for your reassuring post.. :kiss:

Im really seeing what you all mean by the huge huge swelling affect alchol has on it thoigh! :( :,(

Its gone from barely any swelling,
to about 3x increase in the size of swelling! :(

I know it will go, but its making feel feel upset but also more scared incase the swelling weighs down on the cartilage graft that was put in the tip,
and chnaged the shape of it into a downwards shaped cartilage. :,(

Does anyone know how long till the ''alcohol induced' swelling will go away,
leaving just the normal swelling??

or is this basically just 1 whole package now,
and the swelling from the alcohol takes the same number of months/year as normal swelling to go??

thanks

Spanish89

Postby zaks girl » Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:05 pm

Probably a day or so,but swelling dose come and go.My nose used to balloon every so often,the swelling seemed to come in phases ,each time after it had gone down it would refine even more....so try to see swelling as a good thing it is your nose just healing itself,just lay off the booze for a while and relax,to give it the best chance.

The swelling will not weigh the tip down or alter the underlying structure in anyway,everything will be OK :hug:

zaks girl

Postby Spanish89 » Tue Sep 29, 2009 5:30 pm

zaks girl wrote:The swelling will not weigh the tip down or alter the underlying structure in anyway,everything will be OK :hug:

Thanks, i will trust you. :)

Ive put 2 photos to show what i mean by there being ALOT of swelling come up on the top of the tip though.. :(

You can especially see it from the side view.

Spanish89

Postby Hoot » Tue Sep 29, 2009 5:52 pm

Hi Spanish - well done on your new nose, it looks great. Don't worry about alcohol induced swelling - mine still swells when I've had a drink or two (or 6 or 7!) and I'm about 18 months post op. In fact, my nose is still swollen every morning (though only noticeable to myself) and then subsides quite quickly.

If the tip is going to drop, it will drop slowly over the next few months, and you won't really notice - final results take about a year, so be patient, and enjoy what you have. TBH, I thought your primary nose was quite good and natural looking - don't forget this very important point, surgeons can only offer improvement and not perfection. You are a good looking guy, you've got rid of the nose you hated, so enjoy yourself!!

Hoot

Postby Spanish89 » Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:50 pm

:,( :,( :,(

The swelling has just gotten worse n bigger all week! :(

Its gone from a really nice small defined tip in the 2days after the cast came off...,
to now being a huge bulbous droopy tip! :,( :,(

Does anyone know if theres any medicine i can buy over the counter to get the swelling to go away??

or any injection that GP can give to reduce swelling??

Spanish89

Postby skippy » Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:04 pm

Hey,

Sorry to appear blunt m8, but you are going to have swelling for MANY MANY months to come - so U need to chill about it a bit.

On a separate topic, out of interest, how many people you know well, but haven't told about the nose job, have noticed that you have had anything done? I would be interested - given the significant change.

Skippy.

skippy

Postby iceyrhino » Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:14 pm

To be fair, in those pictures above I cant really see that much swelling atall...

iceyrhino

Postby lollilulu » Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:19 pm

wow I must say you have got one of the most extreme transformations i think I have seen on this forum!You really have found a surgeon that does what you want. Looks lovely...congrats. I wouldnt worry about the tip drooping, even if ti does your nose is so different it will not go to how it was before!!x

lollilulu

Re: Any london surgeons who will do what you ask??! (Pics Includ

Postby Jonas » Tue Nov 24, 2009 1:38 pm

Hi Spanish89,

I'm selfishly replying on this thread to see if you are still happy with the Rhinoplasty? I spent some time on this forum before choosing a surgeon (and going to a few consultations), and seeing your before and after pics were a major factor in my choosing Stefan Gonschior. Your new nose looks perfect! I'm booked in for the 20th Dec, paid the deposit and paying the rest in a few days, so its not too late for me to pull out yet. I know you were worried about the swelling - did it go down and are you happy now?

Jonas

Postby Bubble130 » Wed Nov 25, 2009 6:50 pm

Hey Jonas

Now I`m being selfish in top of you being selfish... :-) Hopefully Spanish will get back to us but if not it would be great to hear from you and how your journey goes with this doctor.

Also if you feel like posting any pics - people love that and Spanishes pictures have obviuosly helped you out in your decision.

No pressure - :-F :-F

Bubble130

Postby Bubble130 » Thu Nov 26, 2009 6:05 pm

WOW look at the views for this thread 4047 when I last looked

Is this a record ? What does this tell us ? People are are really interested in dramatic transformation or just morbid curiosity...

Bubble130

PreviousNext

Return to Nose Surgery (Primary & Revision Rhinoplasty)