Saturday, July 26, 2014
Register or Login

This is alternative content.

bio oil

Talk to others just like You.
Join the conversation about Breast Augmentation HERE!

Moderator: Moderator

bio oil

Postby qwerty » Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:22 pm

has anyone on here used bio oil for scarring? I've heard mixed reviews so far, I was just wondering what everyone on here thought!
qwerty

View all albums View albums

Postby kjbdesigns » Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:49 am

I have and stopped as I think I am allergic to it....trying to get hold of Palmers Scar Serum...any ideas where I can get this girls?

xxx
kjbdesigns

Postby utopian99 » Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:53 am

don't know about the palmers... i've been using bio oil after showers, and otherwise the elastoplast 'scar reducer' sheets. used them for the small incisions after a minor op on my arms and they totally disappeared about 6 months after... they stick to you and you replace them every 24 hours, i love them and would recommend to anyone- not cheap at £20 from boots but you can get them for about £10 on ebay...
bio oil's easy though, so been using it after showering and i'm going on holiday in two weeks so will only be using it then cause i'll be in an out of the pool.....

utopian99

Postby Nads88 » Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:19 am

kjbdesigns wrote:I have and stopped as I think I am allergic to it....trying to get hold of Palmers Scar Serum...any ideas where I can get this girls?

xxx

Hi hun ive heard good things about this but also that it smells bad :LOL: , ive seen it in superdrup or online on amazon:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Palmers-Cocoa-B ... B000TGA3JI
Nads88

Postby beners » Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:29 am

kjbdesigns wrote:I have and stopped as I think I am allergic to it....trying to get hold of Palmers Scar Serum...any ideas where I can get this girls?

xxx

I got mine in superdrug :)

I used bio oil from 4 weeks on my 1st scars, Not sure if it helped or not! Anna x

beners

Postby kjbdesigns » Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:33 am

Hi girls

Thanks for that...will have to order some.

Yes I had heard about the smell as well but a small price to pay for invisible scars and a product I (hopefully) am not allergic to!!! sigh.....

:kiss:

KJ
kjbdesigns

Postby Fauho » Wed Aug 20, 2008 12:24 pm

I got the Palmers serum from Superdrug, but I have seen it in Savers stores too. It sdoes pong a bit! But I've found it useful on other scars.
x
Fauho

Postby Tigger » Wed Aug 20, 2008 8:32 pm

I've got pure Vitamin E oil with no additives from the health shop because I think sometimes all the stuff they put into bio oil and creams can be irritants and aggrivate the skin. I have sensitive skin and have to buy allergy/oil free sun tan lotion otherwise my skin just comes up in red rashes (Piz Buin is great!) So when I'm past my 6wk mark I will be using the Vit E oil on my scars. It doesn't smell, goes on lovely although it is quite thick so use sparingly, warm up with your hands first then put on :)

Tiggs
xx

Tigger

Postby Donna » Wed Aug 20, 2008 8:36 pm

I use the vit e oil as well, bio oil kept giving me spots.
The vit e oil has been fine for me, my scars are very faint now. xx

Donna

Re: bio oil

Postby foxyfaerie » Wed Aug 20, 2008 8:39 pm

qwerty wrote:has anyone on here used bio oil for scarring? I've heard mixed reviews so far, I was just wondering what everyone on here thought!

Yep, so far I've used it on stretch marks & scars from being burnt, shaving & general clumsy-ness :LOL: It's been great, my stretch marks are hardly there & most scars are tiny now, one or two have totally gone because I kept on at them with it. Totally recommended.
foxyfaerie

Postby Nads88 » Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:28 pm

Tigger wrote:I've got pure Vitamin E oil with no additives from the health shop because I think sometimes all the stuff they put into bio oil and creams can be irritants and aggrivate the skin. I have sensitive skin and have to buy allergy/oil free sun tan lotion otherwise my skin just comes up in red rashes (Piz Buin is great!) So when I'm past my 6wk mark I will be using the Vit E oil on my scars. It doesn't smell, goes on lovely although it is quite thick so use sparingly, warm up with your hands first then put on :)

Tiggs
xx

Do u mean thse capsules hun? The ones ur meant to swallow? Do you just burst them and apply? x
{H}
Nads88

Postby Pookie_pie » Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:41 pm

Have you tried Emu Oil? ~ its great for scarring, increasing healing time, helps skin, anti-aging & a host of other benefits. Its also great at preventing the irritation/allergies/infectioms etc that bio oil causes.. I love it for my stretchmarks, scars, breasts, tummy, & face!
xxx
Pookie_pie

Postby Pookie_pie » Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:45 pm

P.S Here's where i get my Emu Oil :

http://www.naturesnaturalbeauty.com/cat ... 448af332d1

Theres a decent thread all about it on the Skincare forum here recently.
Hope that helps a little ~ i cant speak highly enough of it! xxxxxxx
Pookie_pie

Postby Tsia » Thu Aug 21, 2008 1:27 am

yes bio oil helped with my scars after my gastric band operation.. 6 months i noticed they hard turned the same colour as the rest of my skin around them.. making them less obvious.
you will never totally get rid of a scar but certainly fading it is good.
I am using bio oil now.. I can sometimes have sensitive skin to certain creams but am ok with bio oil. x
Life is what you make it, smile at the world and the world smiles at everyone else instead!

Tsia

Location: Spalding,Lincs.*Breast,Arm&Thigh Lifts-02/07/08*BA & Lipo-10/09/08 *2nd Uplift-4/12/08

Postby foxyfaerie » Thu Aug 21, 2008 7:12 am

Pookie_pie wrote:Have you tried Emu Oil? ~ its great for scarring, increasing healing time, helps skin, anti-aging & a host of other benefits. Its also great at preventing the irritation/allergies/infectioms etc that bio oil causes.. I love it for my stretchmarks, scars, breasts, tummy, & face!
xxx

I've got some to try, came yesterday so I'm trying it out on a few!
foxyfaerie

Next

Return to Breast Augmentation & Breast Implants